UNIVERSITY OF SPLIT
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
hereby issues a
for the admission of students to the Postgraduate University
(Doctoral) Study Programme in BIOPHYSICS
in the academic year 2020/2021
The admission quota is 5 students.
The duration of the study programme is 3 years with the total of 180 ECTS credits.
The following must be enclosed with the admission application: (Form 1):
- professional CV,
- certificate (diploma) of a completed graduate university study programme in physics, chemistry, biology or related fields,
- official grade transcript with a GPA which should nominally be over 4.0,
- notarised copy of the certificate of nationality or an equivalent proof of nationality,
- motivational letter for the admission to the Doctoral Study Programme in Biophysics, including the applicant`s research interest and tentative plans for the future (up to 500 words),
- letters of recommendation from two renowned researchers or university professors of the university where the applicant graduated or worked,
- letter of recommendation from a prospective supervisor containing the statement of having procured the funding for the doctoral candidate`s research and other necessary expenses within the doctoral study (Form 1.A.),
- proof of active command of English language, either in a form of a certificate or through an interview with the Admissions Committee,
- information about the awards gained in the course of the study or published research papers and/or poster/lecture communications from conferences (if any).
- In the application, the applicant should specify whether the enrolment refers to the full-time or part-time study programme.
The tuition for the first year of study in the amount of 12,000.00 HRK shall be paid to the Faculty` account IBAN No.: HR6124070001100580549, reference No. 00-65264200-20601.
The enrolment fee in the amount of 300.00 HRK shall be paid to the Faculty`s account IBAN No.: HR6124070001100580549, reference No. 00-6526401-20601.
Applications of foreign nationals are also welcome and they shall be considered under the same terms and criteria as those of the Croatian nationals (for more information visit www.pmfst.hr/biophysics).
Both female and male applicants are eligible for application. Words or phrases importing any gender in this competition text shall be interpreted to mean both male and female applicants.
The applicants are required to deliver their applications containing the competition documentation no later than by 30th October 2020 in person or via registered mail to:
Sveučilište u Splitu
University of Split, Faculty of Science
Doctoral Study in BIOPHYSICS (Office B3-22)
Ruđera Boškovića 33, 21000 Split